Saturday, June 17, 2006

Photos, excitement, socks, and sweaters!

I thought you'd like to see what I finished last night.... Miranda's bolero minus the buttons. Of course it's suposed to be 94 d F today so it will be awhile before she can wear it. It's 11 am and already 80. I hate summer for just this reason. Otherwise I totally love it because, well, it's not cold LOL. Oxymoron I know.
Here's the backside of it. It had lots of picot edging all the way around it and at the sleeve edges. Surprising it wasn't all that irritating because it was a nice rythm. Cast two on, cast off four, cast two on, cast four off...over and over. Very Zen like.
Now check these babies out! These are the much anticipated sockapaloooza socks knit by a darling Gracie who not only knit while her floors were torn up but pregnant too! I don't know about anyone else, but when I was pregnant (all four times) I don't think I'd have been able to handle doing such an intricate and absolutely GORGEOUS lace pattern!

Gracie, these are the most beautiful pair of socks I've ever owned, they were so worth the wait, they match my toenails (seriously) right now, and I'm just in love with them! I haven't taken them off yet and I will wear them to work this afternoon and show them off there! I'm soooo happy dancing in my new socks! Not only did she send me these to die for socks she sent a bag of jelly bellys with them too! LOL the kids loved those I have to say, I've been beating them back all morning! Thank you Gracie, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Yesterday was my moms birthday and we went to the new IKEA in Canton (MI) and shopped and ate dinner. It was really strange because we all felt like we were in a totally different town. Ok, I mean we were but this IKEA is across the street from where my mom lived before she moved in with us in February and my DH grew up there. So it really shouldn't feel that way ya know? Anyway, it was like a mini vacation! Very cool, great food, and I spent less than $100 total for everything we bought, including dinner. Thats for seven of us too! How cool is that. Plus I got some neat little gadgets. It has been the bestest weekend so far! So go over and give Gracie a high five for putting up with all this while reproducing (and check out the ultrasound photos), she's so cool! Thanks again Gracie! Knit on and peace!

2 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy belated Blogverisary!!! I am still here.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful socks! I don't blame you for wanting to show them off.

Speaking of showing off your little model is too cute. The bolero looks ardorable on her.

IKEA is a lot of fun, but can be a bit overwhelming. You cannot beat the price for the food and the juice is quite good too. My last purchase at IKEA was a foot pan.

Oh you could soak your tootsies while you knit! I have a few recipes for fook soaks if you are interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home