Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day!

Max's birthday went really well, we had a good time, he was over excited and it was just nice. The heat is making all of so cranky and my mom and I have been going at it at least once a day. I don't like the way she tries to parent my children like she parented me. I've made different choices in that area, argh! We went to the Memorial Day parade today and it was touching. I always forget what a fantastic high school band we have here. Anyway, there's a pond/creek that the town is built around and at the end of the short speeches they did a 21 gun salute and layed a beautiful floral wreath on the water. Then one of the vets played taps on his trumpet (and he was damn good too!) and I had to hold back the tears as the wreath floated serenly across the water. I don't agree with war, but I have the utmost respect for those who faught in them, especially when they were drafted and basically forced into it. Being a mother makes it more emotional also because I think of the mothers who have lost their kids. Well enough downers for now.....Ok, anyway, I'm done with Meg's TSP#2, all parts. All I need to do is shop tomorrow for little parts and it will be totally done and wrapped and hopefully delivered soon so: 1) I get to see Meg again which is always the #1 reason and 2) I can post an actual knitting photo! I started the toe of a sock and I'm trying to decide what to go OCD on next. So many things on the needles right now. Second sock syndrome, I have three second socks to make! THREE!!! Good Flying Spaghetti Monster can you believe that??? Moving on: I have all those christmas felted slippers I want to make, I have Garrett's sweater that will be Grant's because it will be too small by the time it's done, the Charlottes Easy Shawl (aka the cobweb) and my pink sweater and my Catherine the Great Poncho. Besides socks and socks and MORE SOCKS!!! heee heee haa ha ha haaaa haaaa! Man, do I want more knitting time in my life. Suz, I will download all the photos off the camera tomorrow and post some photos for just you, the rest of you, keep on knitting on! LOL Peace!

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

ROFLMAOoooooooooooooo!!!

Heehee Haha HoHo...there's coming to take us away, Haha!!!!

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home