Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sniff sniff

These are photos from Garrett's 5th grade banquet. They make a big deal about it because it's when they move on to middle school I guess. It does seem as if he'll be off to college tomorrow you know? Anyway, this is a nice picture of both my men...well, the oldest two LOL.
This is me and Garrett and I'm not so sure why I'm looking a tad bit psycho in the eyes, maybe it was from trying not to blink LOL. Or maybe it's the glasses? Whatever it is I'm really not as psycho as I look... well, then.... perhaps.... no... yeah.... *ahem* Moving on....
Garrett being all cheesy and silly. He really hates to have his photo taken and I was saying all kinds of things to get him to smile normal. Things like "chicken littles butt" and "pickle juice" and "peanut butter butt". He probably was laughing at me being so stupid saying all that nonsense than what I was actually saying LOL. Anyway, he's a rocking young man and I'm so very proud of him! The art teacher said such nice things about him, like how he thinks outside the box and such. Oh those words are music to my ears! I do want my kids to be able to conform when they need to but I also want them to think outside the box.

Wait, this is suposed to be a knitting blog isn't it? Sorry about all the gooey family gushing. I finished one of Grants socks, have about 2 inches done on Max's second sock, have Grant's second sock cast one and have made NO progress on Miranda's bolero. Maybe I had better take some photos of that kind of stuff next LOL. Peace!

4 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a cutie! I'm sure that the girls will be calling. Congrats to Garrett and the best of luck in your new school.

Yes, they do grow up much too fast. It's no wonder that as soon as you finish knitting something for them that they grow out of it.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ok, i think Garrett might be my favorite child of yours, i mean, how can i resist him while he's wearing THAT shirt!! Plus, my friend Jessie's first born child is "Garrett" also!

He so looks like Karl but i think he has your nose, eh? Is this the first time since i've been reading your blog that you've posted a picture of Karl? What a handsome guy!!

Just finish all of the socks...imagine how great it will feel to finish three projects!!! Heehee!!!

Now if only i could get one of your kids to wear something with a Blackhawks logo on it!!!!!!!!!!

~Suz~

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Such a handsome boys! My oldest is just finishing the 5th grade, too. It goes by way too quick. We'll really have to have out tissues ready for the fall.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Kat said...

You know, this might just be the first time I've posted a photo of Karl. Hummm, strange LOL. Thanks peeps, I think my kids are cuties but I'm biased for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home