Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ta-Da! Meg's Top Secret Project #2!!!

The pattern is from Better Homes & Gardens Knitting Year-Round. Pretty Pink Baby Set done in Louisa Harding Yarn, Kashmir DK. A totally soft yarn that's 55% merino wool, 35% microfiver and 10% cashmere. Totally not baby friendly but the softness is probably worth the had washing it'll need. Can you believe I actually found tiny kitty buttons with the perfect color stripes??? It made me so excited. So excited in fact that I'm still a bit giddy over them. It was one of the hardest things I have knit because once I got to the arm pits I had to divide the piece up. After it got divided I had to decrease while trying to keep track of the flippin' pattern.
Other than that the pattern itself wasn't hard at all. I really enjoyed this yarn and highly recommend it. I hope it was worth the wait. Now I have to wait until the fall to see it on the little, yet to be born, girl. Any day now.

6 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

That sweater is adorable! And I love the buttons, purrfect match.

By the way, thanks for signing up for the Summer Sock Party!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Kat, that is gorgeous!!! The buttons are too cute!!!

~Suz~

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Wow, you are simply amazing. the pink is so pretty and the buttons are a precious touch. That is one lucky baby.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! That's *gorgeous*!! Holey smokes, lady, can you knit. Love it!
:-D

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kittycat buttons are priceless! (Make sure meg knows it's not machine washable - I assumed a pal of mine knew the same & was proven wrong -lol).

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I told her that it was one of those impratical type baby gifts. It has to be hand washed LOL. But the softness and the buttons will hopefully make it worth the effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home