Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Now don't fall off your computer chair but....

but we have knitting photos! The sock above is for my youngest son, the books underneath (that I used so you could get a better view of the sock on that table cloth) are my oldest (almost 11) son who all of a sudden is very interested in learning Japenese calligraphy. That kid is so cool. These are the pieces for Miranda's bolero, the second and last piece is on the needles. It's one of the sleeves. Below is a close up of the picot edging and it shows the beautiful eggplant color that Miranda picked out herself.
These are the socks for my middle boy, kid #2. Grant's favorite colors are purple and green so I think this yarn is right up his alley eh? I have JUST started the second sock. I mean, like round #4 or something like that.
And I'll finish with an excellent photo taken by Garrett of Sticky the great and mighty hunter who seems to have a taste for...oh never mind. I will keep you from having a visual of the gift parts we find every morning on the porch. He's nine years old approximately and is starting to get those long wiskers that older cats get. I call him old man now LOL.

I have been reading this week like a fiend. First I read Angles and Demons (Dan Brown), then it was A Good Yarn, now I'm in the middle of The Da Vinci Code. There are two more books waiting on the shelf. I had almost forgotten how nice it was to be able to stay up late into the quiet night and read until my eyes water. Knitting and reading are two of my most passionate enjoyments... there are a few others that I will refrain from sharing LOL. So, knitting will resume shortly because I'm close to being done with a couple of things and I'd like to get some others done. Time to go OCD I think. Peace!

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

:::Gasp:::!!! Green is MY most favorite color!!! Heeheehee!!!

I want to read 'that other' Dan Brown book. I read "The DaVinci Code" last year some time, but i now have a copy that has illustrations and photos, so i will probably read it again, soon.

I like the color combinations on both of those socks, but i am leaning toward the green/blue/purple ones more. I bet they're too small for me, huh? Sniffle.

~Suz~

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Cool socks! On the Sockotta yarn, have you run into the problem where the colors either fade or get darker? When I made my mom's with that color, half way through the first sock, the colors darkened. Wanted to know if it was just my luck, or if all the skeins of that color do it.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Kat said...

You know Tonia, I never even paid attention to it. The kid I'm making them for is rough, tough and dirty so if it got darker it's for the best. If it got lighter I may have to see if I can get stainless steel yarn for him next time LOL.

Suz, good book isn't it? And you'll like the first one too I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home