Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My next tattoo....

This: The Death Card 13

Upright: Major transformation.
Situation and Advice: Death is Trump thirteen, a number associated with death since the use of the lunar calendar in which the thirteenth month was the time of death and regeneration. A major change is about to take place. Transformation is imminent. The Death card often appears when you are facing significant life events like marriage, divorce, leaving home, relocating, career moves, or parenthood. A momentous alteration in your life structure is about to occur. A situation is coming to an end and a new era is dawning. Now is a time to rid yourself of attitudes and situation you have outgrown to pave the way for a new stage in life. A loss is possible. All that is useless or outmoded must be discarded. This is a time of endings and new beginnings; as the New Testement reads, "Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it cannot grow." You must let go of old unproductive ways. Sometimes this card means literally the death of someone you know.
People: Those undergoing major life changes. Agents of change. Undertakers.

Reversed: Resistance to necessary change.
Situation and Advice: When Death occurs in the reversed position, you are clinging to an outmoded situation, relationship, or attitude that really should be discarded. Your fear of change rivets you to the past and hinders your growth. What are you afraid of? Your resistance to necessary change makes the experience more painful when it inevitably occurs. It is better to take the bull by the horns than to undergo such changes involuntarily.
People: Those who cling to the past for fear of change and transformation.

This card has been showing up in almost every spread I've done the last couple of months, to the point that I can't ignore it anymore. I need to imbrace the upright position and start to let go of what it means in it's reversed position because that's me totally. This discription was taken from my most favorite book about tarot:

Tarot Plain and Simple, by Anthony Louis, illustrations by Robin Wood, 2000 Llewellyn Publications.

This is just the best book. It is plain and simple and soooo much help for someone like me who just can't fit the information/meanings into my head at this point in my life. Anyway, I want this as my next tattoo. Thinking about my left shoulder blade area.

Oh, and DAMN, it's still hotter than hell! I may melt first.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

oh that is gorgeous and so right for you!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I love that! I don't think I've ever seen that particular deck of Tarot. That means a trip, to find it. Tarot are my weakness (second only to yarn), it's looks like a must have.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Tonia, it's the Robin Wood deck. It's a beautiful deck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home