Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sushi and Sadness

Well, I have to say that Sushi isn't quite as bad as I thought it would be but not something I think I want all that often. I'm kind of disappointed in the evening though, as a whole. I like the people I was out with but I thought they'd be more fun than they were. Oh well, I guess we can't win them all.

Now I'm feeling extra lonely because I'm home alone and I really really miss my kids. Sometimes hanging out with those who are younger than me can really make me feel excellent about where I am in my life in some regards. My kids are the shit. I may not have a marriage left but at least I have four wonderful kids that have come from it. I don't want to be young like that anymore, always looking for something to do, never really having that much fun. I do remember that from when I was actually that age.

Anyway, I'm glad I tried the sushi, it was definitely a neat experience. We also went to see Transformers which I have to say was a really good movie. I loved it, very action packed, a bit cheesy, and funny. The theater was so cold I could hardly stand myself, I hate being cold as much as I hate being too hot.

Last night at Diana's... now that's the kind of night I enjoy much more. We got yummy veggie sandwiches and sat on her porch and drank wine and talked and talked and talked. So I think I'm going to go get ready for bed, cry for awhile to cleanse my soul, and then read some Harry Potter.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

(((((((HUGS)))))))

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Going out when young, mostly they are searching for something, a mate, a life, finding their fit in this world. Generally they don't pay rent or taxes, they still may have Mommy or Daddy to fall back on.
You on the other hand are self-reliant. While we may not always be happy with our so called life, we do have one. Our search is different from their search.

(((Hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home