Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Guess what I did today?

No really, go ahead! No? No clue? Ok, fine, I guess you'd never come up with the correct answer unless you visit my myspace place. We disected an earthworm and a grasshopper today in bio lab. I took the grasshopper and snipped off the legs and the wings and then as I held the newly dismembered insect carcass in my hand I realized I could go no farther so I handed it to Joe. He had no problem with it so I cut into the earthworm which didn't bother me one bit. I did cut through on organ inside and it was the seminal ventricle or something... basically I gave a dead earthworm a vasectomy. Oh yes I did! ROFL it just tickles me for some reason. I keep saying it outloud too... I gave a dead earthworm a vasectomy today. *snort* Grossed out are you? Sorry. It's so funny to me though.

Thursday we're cutting up a perch and a rat. I don't think I'll have an issue with the fish but the rat? I equate them to pets so the task may fall to Joe again. Oh and they don't use formeldehyde anymore because it's a carcinogen.... they use Formalin and it made the specimens smell a lot like pickels! Which I also found kind of ammusing too.

I guess I'm a bit strange at times because no else thought they smelled like pickles. Not that I'd eat one, gross (!), but it helped me keep from getting sick to my stomach.

I've not been in the mood to knit the last couple of days, which is kind of strange, but it's probably the heat. Actually I've not been in the mood to do much of anything lately, I kind of feel like I've hit a point where I just want to give up on everything but school and my kids. I'm really looking forward to graduating and recreating my whole life the way I want it to be, or at least start taking steps towards that goal. And on the other hand it terrifies me at the same time. But doesn't excitement sometimes immitate terror? For me it does so I'm probably just a bit of both. Well, anyway, I'm off to do something, maybe just going to bed. I am kind of tired. Peace!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

I'm terrified of change, esp life changes, but after it's done I'm saying that wasn't so hard. You can do whatever you have to to survive!

Hugs ..

pickle worm ,... ew ...

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Should I call you Lorena Bobbitt? Poor Earthworm.

The things you have accomplished keep growing. Look at all the classes and knitting you have completed. You are doing great at working toward your goal. It is kind of scary and exciting as you near completion. Changes come, the unfamiliar can be intimidating. but after a while it become our norm. Remember when you first became a college student?
WTG Girl!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So should i sign you up for some pickled grasshopper feet!! I am glad you are feeling creative. We went to Mackinaw last week and got to do some mining of some stones. It was a pretty cool experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home