Saturday, April 14, 2007

More Photos, but not of yarn!

I went on a field trip down to Milan today to a private landfill. One of the layers they dug up for it was from the Early Devonian and contains lots of marine fossils. This is the majority of what I found.
These are three of the four Trilobite pieces I found. The one in the center is really rather large. Too bad the rest of it wasn't there.
Please excuse my pruney fingers, I had just gotten done washing these babies off.
Some of the fossils in this chunk have pyrite on them, you know, fools gold? Yep, rather sparkley.
And here is the fourth trilobite butt I found, stuck in a rock chunk. I have a lot of other photos too but blogger only lets you do five at a time so I'll post some more another time. I had so much fun and didn't think we were able to stay long enough LOL. Anyway, really cool fossils and some extra credit points for me, yeah! Now I think I'm going to nap and/or knit.... probably knit until I nap ROFL. Peace.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Um, Kat....i have 7 or more photos posted at one time.

I just use the < img src="" > tag thingy (without the spaces after the < and before the > ) and i can put as many phots as i want in a post.

Cool pics! We clicked 'em bigger so we could get a closer look see.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Color me jealous as hell!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Meg said...

So cool. I will have to bring this post up for Rae tonight. Make that tomorrow, have to proctor an exam tonight. Can't wait until this term is over!!!

BTW, I have found that if I pick my 5 images, let it add them, and then just click to add another, it lets me add five more, but sometimes the window that comes up to add more comes up hiding behind the main window, so you have to look for it.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

WOW!!!!!!! Love fossil hunting! You lucky duck. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home