Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's just not fair!

I have strep throat again! I would have to say it was my husbands fault this time for reinfecting me the butthead. I don't know what I've done recently but boy have I been having strange happenings!

Wednesday I got up an hour late again and had to drive my oldest to school. After getting the next two off on the bus I broke a little hand mirror I use to paint my face with. Then I get DD to school and get myself to school. After driving around for almost an hour I finally got a parking spot in the deck on the top floor!

I get out of the car and look in. There on the floor is one of my gloves. It's cold, I want my glove so I start fishing through my carrier bag for my keys. Can't find them. Cell phone starts to beep low battery at me. I take everything out of my bag and lay it out on the trunk because I can't see my keys IN the car. I can't find them so I text DH about it. Talk to him for a few minutes deciding how we're going to get my car unlocked and when.

So I go into the library get a coffee and spill it all down my arm and get my zipper stuck down at the bottom of my coat. I walk to the building where my class is with my coat wide open andone glove on and sit down and spill my coffee on the floor (not the whole thing). I get my coat undone and go to get my MP3 player out of my bag and set my wallet aside, then set my keys aside, then set.... wait. Keys? Right on top of everything??? WTF? So I text Karl that the aliens brought my keys back and I am ok now. See, they were distracting me so they could abduct my keys and once they were done they gave them back unharmed. The rest of the day? Went smooth as silk.

Now I'm sick, again, but if I remember correctly I had strep twice in a row last year also so I shouldn't be too surprised, which I'm not since it's my lot in life to get it. Big question? When will I be able to get to the doctors? I think I will see if I can call him at home and just have him call in a prescription since DH just got his filled last night. *sigh* Ain't it grand? Ooooh I do have knitting news to share! I'm now knitting, with left over sock yarn, a little holder for my MP3 player because I'm really sick of the earplug cords getting all tied up. I'll post a photo later today because right now, it's 3:18 am and the Ibruprofen is starting to work. Maybe I can get more sleep yet. Peace buddies!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh sweetie sound like you had a rough start to your day. Ack for thre strep thoart thing. I am on antiboditics right now for strep. My thoart is still raw as hell. Feel better soon.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

I'm so sorry you're ill again, that's the pits!!! As for the start to the day, wow, but that phone thin is too funny. I don't know how many times I've looked for things in my backpack, not find them, then look later only to see it on top.

Feel better soon hon!!

P.S. thanks for checking the blog and your sweet comments!!! Luv ya!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ick! I am so not going to breathe the same air that you're breathing over there!

But, i've been feeling a bit crappy the past two nights when i go to lay down to sleep. I just took an allergy pill hoping it will help to clear me up some so i can sleep.

It's hot as hell in our room and Deb's Mom won't let me crack our window open. I so can't sleep when i am too hot. UGH!!

Maybe your version of strep needs a double round of meds or have you tried the "Z-Pak"?? That usually kicks ass for me!

~Suz~

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I hope that you get some rest and get well soon. It's great the aliens returned your keys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home