Sunday, December 31, 2006

Knit From Your Stash 2007!

Ok, from Teylas site, who got this from Wendys site:
Kat's Guidelines:
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.b If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.c. I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn. (Please take note of this LOL!)


I know, laugh if you will, but I never want to have more yarn than my little two shelves can hold and I'm close to that point. Plus I need to focus on the projects I have and NOT start a new one! I'm such a ho when it comes to projects I swear, I love the thrill of the "new" relationship it offers LOL. This year I need to tie-up the loose ends of all my on going relationships. Boy do I have a list of them too! Oooh but a challenge is almost as good as a new project! How brave are you?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh. There's no way i'm doing this! LOL!!

Gifted yarn, eh? Hmmm.

~Suz~

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Heather said...

This is a great idea, I have so much stash that I need to get rid of. Although I don't know if I can go that long without buying yarn.

I'm giving this some deep thought for sure!

And hope you are feeling better, happy belated birthday too!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Kat you can also make sock yarn an exception to the rules. That is what Wendy did. Since I don't knit socks or let me change that I can't get past the making the heel flap it wasn't a issue with me.

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Kat said...

LOL Teyla, but I do have plenty of sock yarn I have to admit! Heather, I'm not sure I can go the whole nine months but I'm aiming for the end of the Winter semester mostly. Suz? You're a whimp... ROFL just teasing!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home