Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I still can't get any photos off the camera though I have to say the USB port in the front of the 'puter is toast. The one in back? Works great according to my MP3 player LOL. I just need to hook the camera up to it for a wee bit but not tonight, it's late, I'm tired from work and I just want to tell you about my birthday yesterday.

First I went to the arthritis doctor who doesn't think I have
rhuematoid arthritis but is sending me for a test for my thyroid, R.A. and Lupus. He thinks, since I've been having perimenopause symptoms for 5 years that it's osteoarthritis. The tests are more to ease my mind than anything else. My mom told me he was this little jewish man and for some reason I expected this little bald dude like the dentist I went to when I was growing up. Nooooo of course not. This guy was cute and could have been my hubby's cousin or something. He was even older than me which may surprise some of you LOL.

Okay, after talking to a hottie of a doc we went to
Webers Inn in Ann Arbor for lunch. It was my first time eating there and damn, damn, double damn, was it yummmmmmy! We even got escargot and all three boys ate one! I was so proud of them for trying something that is considered, ummm, adventurous. I grew up eating them every Christmas so eating snails doesn't gross me out, as long as they have enough garlic and butter on them. Oysters? Noooo way! My brother went out of his way to make sure I didn't like those so when my oldest suggested we try that I replied with a resounding NO.

I got a pair of pearl and diamond earrings from my in laws and a knitting book from Karl,
Victorian Lace Today. It's a fantastic book if you are interested in this kind of knitting. Love it! When we got home I had a package waiting for me. My good friend Jess sent me a birthday gift and I'm going to have to kick her butt for it too! She got me the first Harry Potter book on CD and even though she lives 20 minutes from me she paid to have UPS deliver it! I can't believe she spent that kind of money and her response? She can. I decided I'm going to make one of the beautiful lace scarves out of my new book for her birthday. I may not have that kind of money but I can spare that kind of time! I've already listened to 4 of the 7 cds too LOL! I'm going to get a little frantic to get the rest now I think. I really, really enjoy listening to it while knitting. It's a fantastic duo. So anyway, that's my birthday for ya. Hope you all have recovered from the holidays! Peace!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great presents! My Mom sent me a pair of coffee bean earrings & a pound of Alpaca fleece. Must find time to blog & photo.
Mmmm, escargot. Love that garlic butter. Ever try basil pesto? Super-yummy. Garlicy & olive-oily. It's in with the spaghetti sauces in our market. Happy B-day again, kid! :o)
happybean22(at)yahoo(dot)comm

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Let's just say, i'm glad i didn't go to dinner with you...but, i'm really glad you all had a wonderful meal. ;)

Wahhhh, i wanted the Victorian lace book. You're so lucky!

~Suz~

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful birthday. Hope you have many more.
Hugs. :-)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Mary-Beth said...

What a wonderful birthday. See, that wasn't so bad, was it! LOL
{{{{Hugs}}}}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home