Sunday, November 26, 2006

To help make you holidays happier.....

Rum Balls
4 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
6 T Cocoa
2 C Powdered Sugar (sift if necessary)
2 C finely chopped Pecans
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 C Rum
1 C light Corn Syrup
Mix all dry ingredients first. Add rum then add enough corn syrup until consistency is correct. Stop when it holds together! It will be uber thick and super
hard to stir!
Roll into 1" balls. Roll in powdered sugar twice. Set aside
in tin for at least 12 hours to ripen.
We don't roll them twice and we line everything with plastic wrap to keep it air tight. I stir it in my kitchen aid mixer and it's still almost too much for it's little motor. But it needs to be on the dry side because when you roll them in your hands it sticks badly. Anyway, we got the outside lights up and made three batches of Rum Balls. The tree should have gone up but we decided it would be better to do it on Tuesday. Rum Balls were obviously more important LOL. The longer you let them sit the better and the nuts are what absorbs the rum. They also taste good made with Grand Mariner (however it's spelled), it's that orange liquor, and tastes kind of like those chocolate orange things. You can also use walnuts but I think they have a stronger taste to them. There are so many variation you can do with these depending on the alcohol. I've always wanted to try Amaretto and almonds. LOL okay, I will try to post a photo tomorrow or Tuesday of the progress I made on my shawl. But I want to work on it right now since vacation isn't officially over until 5:45 am tomorrow. Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum.....Pea *hiccup* ce.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

How many rum balls can you have before you are over the legal limit?

Thanks for the recipe.

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no. I don't want the recipe. You're supposed to just send me some. ROFL!!!

Ya know. Kinda like, "One of those pairs of mittens is for me, right??" ;)

~Suz~

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recipe sounds delicious but I'll cut out the middle man and just take the rum please?!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home