Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

This is the knitting item that won the contest to be the one that I worked on this "vacation", modeled by a rather unwilling hubby. I thought his shirt would help show the pattern better....
It didn't LOL. But from the green marker up is what I've done the last two days. That's 3 repeats of a 4 row pattern. It takes a long time to get across the row now that it's getting longer. I'm almost to the end of my second ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze and have a third one that I was debating on using. I'm going to after looking through Victorian Lace Today. I want a big shawl that I can use like a blanket. I also want that book and told DH that if he REALLY wanted to impress me, to order me some lace weight yarn to go with it LOL. We'll see.
And finally? My diploma for my associates degree with the nice little gold honor's society sticker in it. I really kind of wish my dad was alive so I could shove it in his face but it's ok, it is for me and I'm really damn proud of it! Now it's on to the one that will say Bachelors and then Masters and hey, maybe someday in the future, PhD! I hope that you all had a wonderful turkey day and gorged on wonderful food and company! Peace and Knit on!!!
Hey, check this out too. Way neato peachy keen! Thanks Teyla!


You are the World


Completion, Good Reward.


The World is the final card of the Major Arcana, and as such represents saturnian energies, time, and completion.


The World card pictures a dancer in a Yoni (sometimes made of laurel leaves). The Yoni symbolizes the great Mother, the cervix through which everything is born, and also the doorway to the next life after death. It is indicative of a complete circle. Everything is finally coming together, successfully and at last. You will get that Ph.D. you've been working for years to complete, graduate at long last, marry after a long engagement, or finish that huge project. This card is not for little ends, but for big ones, important ones, ones that come with well earned cheers and acknowledgements. Your hard work, knowledge, wisdom, patience, etc, will absolutely pay-off; you've done everything right.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, but i don't know why a manly man wouldn't want to hold up or model a delicate lacey item. LOL!! Nice work, Karl...you're one in a million. I don't even know if Deb would do that for me. Should i test her???? Heehee!!

Ummm, which shawl pattern is that? I hope it's not the one i'm knitting, because if it is...mine looks nothing like that. Oh my.

~Suz~

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Dr. Katherine, hmmm... sounds good to me.

It sounds like your Turkey Day went well from the tone of your post.

Okay what did you promise your hubby for posing? Maybe I should not have asked. ;-) Your knitting is awesome. I bet it feels great too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Larjmarj said...

It looks like hub is trying to hide behind the shawl...tell him it's not working.
Congrats on the degree, what a great feeling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home