Friday, July 07, 2006

I hate neighbors.

The twits next door left a chicken letter on our front door while we were gone about our cat being outside all the time and killing birds. They have bluebird houses all over and about 8 bird feeders going. Now I LOVE birds, please don't get the wrong idea, but I also have a 9 year old cat that LOVES to hunt. I guess today he had a bird and he keeps going in their yard. Ummm yeah, you feed the birds, it's a buffet table eh? She also said that I should be a responsible cat owner and keep him inside and that we can afford to feed him. DUH, like we don't feed JUST him, just the other two indoor cats. ARGH I have a fucking State Basic Skills test that I have to be at in the middle of my night tomorrow morning. I can not sleep because I'm pissed as hell, don't know what to do about this, and don't want to feud with my pansy ass prissy bird brained neighbor. Middle of the night for me is 6 am. I have to be at my friends house at 6:30 am to go a long way to be at a testing site at 7:30. I wish venting here was helping but it isn't. I just don't know what to do. I have four kids who go in and out all day and a cat that is desperate to go out. He. gets. out. I really have no control over it and I've told her this. And Sticky doesn't even bring home birds that often, it's usually chipmunks and an occasional toad. He just happened to get a bird today. And I think it makes it even worse that she had to come slinking over when we weren't home and tape it to our front door. Chicken shit. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about this? I don't want to get rid of the cat but I also don't think he'd get used to being inside like she claims. Ok, I need to make some chamomile tea and try and get to sleep.

7 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impossible to turn a cat from a cat's nature . . I know how frustrating people like that are, I've got a nutty uncle who's worse. Not only blame the cat, but hey - pray with it, too! Lol! Once it knows it's sinned, it's sure to come around.
Could be worse (cold comfort, eh?), downstate on our "farm" the outside cats go roaming, and sometimes ignorant (string of nasty adjectives deleted) people take shots at them - with their guns. Usually at our nicest little furred friends, too. :-P
I hope your test went well - best of luck!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, that is some incredible nerve on your neighbor. If she has an issue with your cat, she should at least have the decency to speak to you directly.

The bottom line is that you've done nothing wrong and your cat is behaving exactly as it is programmed to. So, your neighbor should either learn to communicate with you directly, or she should get a life.

But YOU should not feel like you should have to alter your behavior (or your cats behavior, or your kids behavior, etc.) a single iota for this neighbor. Grrr...

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OH My. Well for one you can go over to said idiots house and speak to her/him face to face. Something they obviously don't know how to do. Explain to them in the simpliest form of the english language as possible. Using big words and having to talk to you face to face may make them foam at the mouth. But seriously I have a cat that wants to be outside during the summer and yes she brings presents but that is her nature. It was quite *&^&*ty for them to leave a dear abby letter on your door so that everyone who happen to come to you door knows the problem. What is it with people today if there is a problem talk to the person directly.
I hope your test went well. Yes I am still planning on being in Ann Arbor for the Yarn Harlot. It would be great to finally meet you too.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Miss Amy said...

I had the same problem with my little sister's crazy kitty. Except Lucky(the cat) would bring home the lovely birdy gifts. YUM YUM! So what we did to him since he was used to wearing a flea collar is I made a collar out of hemp twine and put bells on it. Then Lucky couldn't sneak up on his own shadow. But since he was an indoor/outdoor cat the collar was purposely made a little loose so he would hang himself since he liked to try and defy gravity. Good Luck!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

It is feline nature to chase birds. My cat, Vinny, stalks my room mates birds after we put the covers on them. And the nerve of your cowardly neighbor, to leave a letter!!!! What a pussy (the neighbor, not the cat). I'd go over and tell her that she ought to be glad you don't let the other 2 cats out to help the 1 hunt. Hope you did well on your test!

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but I really have to disagree with you. It sounds like your neighbor went through a lot of trouble and money to keep birds around, an obvious passion of hers. Whether she has human friends is immaterial. True enough, it is a cat's basic instinct to hunt, but if your cat enters her yard, YOU are responsible, not the cat. Whether you are a responsible pet owner is none of your neighbor's business, and another issue all together, UNLESS your pets enter her yard. After all, it is not her cat, yet a cat comes to her yard. I love cats, birds, and my neighbors, but I don't want someone else's pet in my yard, especialliy if said pet is destructive, and/or poops in my yard. It is also of no matter that she left you a note as opposed to speaking to you face to face. You mentioned that she HAD spoken to you in the past; obviously she felt that you didn't listen (in fact, you still let you pet enter her property). I really feel for both of you, so please don't take offense, and try to see it from another viewpoint.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Yes Carol, you are right and I am trying to see it from that point of view. I believe I stated that in the post after this one. I am doing what I can do. Which, well, is all I can do. Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home