Friday, April 21, 2006

Yarn Sex!

I got my order today. Yes, you all think I'm strange but I'm starting Christmas presents as soon as Sockapaloooza is over. These represent two pairs of these slippers from Knit Picks. One color is backordered or I'd have another colorway there with them. The green and the gray superwash is for extending the bits and pieces of yarn I have left over from other socks. Hopefully I can make some funky gloves for the
kids. And an update for the sockapalooza sock, we've turned a corner...umm, heel. I'm now working the foot and by golly I think I may be able to get it done in time too! Imagine that. Well, I'm not TOO sure I will, I do have that physics exam one week from today and I'm sick again. Can you imagine how sick of being sick I am? This time I have a head cold with a nice, throat irritating, walrus cough.
If I were a horse I'd have been shot by now I'm sure. Oh well, school (eg: stress) is almost done so I should be back to normal in no time. Anyway, have a great weekend everyone! Knit On! I'm also going to turn on the spam filter log in thing because with a title like that I'm sure it will draw all kinds of attention from the freaks out there.

3 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW !!! You are busy.

I do hope that you are feeling better soon. Maybe you can call in sick to work.

Good Luck on your exams.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Hi Nancy,

I went to work last night and made it an hour and a half. I'm off tonight. Figures I'd have a Friday off and I'm sick. The cough is by far the worst of this. Thanks for the good luck vibes, it's just the physics test I'm a tad nervous about.

Hugs!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Two words...Ginger Tea. Yeah, you can buy it in tea-bag form, like from "Stash Teas", but that's sort of lame. Get yourself a hunk of fresh ginger from the produce section and grate it up or slice it thinly and put it in a pan of water and bring it up to a boil, then turn the heat off and let it steep about 10 minutes or so, strain it into a mug, add honey and drink. I will warn you, that first sip is a doozie!!!

Deb makes this for me when i have chest congestion or a cough and it really seems to help. Ginger is a nice natural expectorant.

(mind you, i'm no PHD, only a LOKW...Little Ole Kitchen Witch...heehee!!)

Which KnitPicks Colorway is on backorder? :(

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home