Sunday, April 16, 2006

Quick before work sock update.


Sorry, the bat and the skunk will have to wait. I have two repeats done on the sock, four for the top. Sorry it's short, but it is Easter, we just got home and I was able to download the photos and have to be at work in 25 minutes. Peace!
Ok, now for the animal update. Friday night I got home from work at around 11:45 (pm) and got ready for bed and was playing on the computer a bit. Around 12:30 or so I decided to go get a drink and I walked into the kitchen and Karl had (once again) not drained the sink out after doing dishes. Well, funny thing, the water was splashing around. My heart started to race and I got a little willy because, well, water doesn't move on it's own right? So I'm getting closer to the sink as this dark things comes into sight and I'm like.... mouse? A mouse in my sink? Swimming? No.... no, that can't be a mouse, the ears are too big.... so what the f#ck is it (yes I used that word, I'm freaking out remember)? That's when I saw it's wings. I went running into the bedroom for Karl to wake up and come see what's in our sink. Poor guy, I think I gave him a few more grays. As soon as we got back into the kitchen I scooped the poor thing out with a strainer and plopped a lid on top. Once the dripping had almost stopped I took the bat outside and put it on the ledge that runs around the house at the top of the bricks. We found no bat or bat parts around the house yesterday so we assume it's alive and free and squeaky clean. We don't know how it got in, we don't know why it was in the sink, and we hope it doesn't happen again. Now for the skunk. The sub had an egg hunt yesterday and we got a visit by a rather sleepy skunk that was stirred up by all the noise the 8 and up group were making. LOL At least it didn't spray! So that was my wild kingdom weekend, and yes Nancy, it does sound more like Halloween than Easter!

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Tha's a really nice closeup, i can actually count the stitches. LOL!! I really like the colors in that yarn and the pattern is really pretty.

Can't wait to hear about the bat in your belf....uh, dishwasher was it??

~Suz~

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Happy Easter!

Bat? Skunk? ... sounds more like Halloween rather than Easter.

I can't wait to hear all the details.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Be glad it wasn't a mouse, they don't swim too well in dish water. My best friends daughter found that out one night when she fell asleep before draining the sink. Yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home