Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday.....

How come these never seem to load up in the order I want them too? Well, here's a half way decent, despite it being dark, of the pattern on my mother in laws socks. It's a double zig zag and I think it's nice and simple. My wonderful husband actually paid attention to the links I sent him and got me some wonderful double pointed needles that are flexible and brightly colored. They're from Knitting On The Go and Alison from the Blue Blog uses them. That's where I found them through. They take some getting used to because they are flexible but they really are more comfortable. I took a photo of the two socks together so you could see the difference in the colors from the bright yellow to the butter scotch. I got my mother in laws two socks done and my father in laws which you can see at the bottom there. I decided to save them for their birthdays on the 15th and 19th. Then my groovey hubby went to the local yarn shop here in Brighton, Ewe-nique Yarns and met the lovely owner Linda with me before Christmas so I could show him what I wanted from there. He actually went back and got the right stuff! As you can see I got two sets of Addi Turbo's in size 3 and the book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles! And boy is it fast too! I really like it though I think I will stick to double pointed when I want a portable sock. There are more chances to stop so I won't lose stitches or have to take more time to finish a "row". The sock that I'm working on is for my mom who will receive them as soon as they're done. I wrapped the yarn up and gave that to her to open Christmas day LOL. She knew right away that it meant that I was making her socks. I love the colors too which are very true to life in the photo. My birthday yesterday sucked to say the least. But then, it always does, but my hubby who was the star in my life the day before plumeted to the bottom of my list in one short time span. Since I have tonight off (yes I worked on my birthday yesterday) I hope he will redeem himself in my eyes by at least bringing me a salad from La Shish on his way home. I also have some gift cards to go and spend and I think I may just do that tonight. LOL So I'm sorry for the lack of posting the last week or so but I hope that the many photos of the knitting will make you feel more kindly towards the waiting.

Sorry for the way this stupid thing formatted. I hate when the words won't stay to the left next to a line of photos but sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't. ARGH! I need to go and take some more computer classes perhaps. LOL

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Ohhh! Hey Kat...happy belated Birthday!!! Sorry it sucked.

Chin up, i'm hoping you get the salad you want! ;)

~Suz~

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sorry you didn't have a good birthday.
You certainly have been a knitting machine, no wonder there haven't been posts.
Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home