Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm seeing double again.

Look how far I got on these today! I'm downright amazed. It's too bad you can't see the subtle design I'm doing on them. It's called married lines I think. Maybe when they get a bit longer and I can shove a kids foot in them it will show up. It's a double line of zig-zags that are worked over 11 stitches. The front top of the sock is 22 stitches so I'm doing a double line. It won't be bulky either so there shouldn't be any complaints about that. Not that my MIL would be that rude, but I just "know" there won't be this way. Does that make sense? LOL I even got three loads of laundry done and I cleaned the half bath and the main bath up here. We're talking throwing the tub mat in the washing machine with towels and bleach! Yep, I went all out and my shoulder hates me for it. But it feels so good to be mentally into housework again.

We're hosting Christmas dinner here so I've got a lot of work to do. We usually celebrate winter solstice by having our one annual fire in the fireplace downstairs and I make homemade hot chocolate, gingersnaps or gingerbread cookies and we watch Little Bears Winter Tales video. We started this out of a need to have a family tradition. Family defined for this night: The six of us and only the six of us. The bummer this year? I have to work so we're going to have to do it Thursday IF we're not back too late from having our Christmas get together with my brother and his family. I love winter solstice, it's turned into something we all really look forward to. So, maybe another sock photo tomorrow with the way I'm going!

3 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Mmm, i love Winter Solstice as well and not just because it's my Mom's birthday either. heehee!!

We missed the local ritual tonight, but will be at (our new) church on Sunday when the children present a Winter Solstice Service followed by wrapping of the "Angel Tree" gifts.

Deb and i took two gifts off the wall to buy...a desk for a 3 yr old boy and candles for a 34 yr old woman.

Well probably do our own Solstice/Yule meditation on our own here in our room at Deb's Mom's...bring in a bit of s Cedar Branch and burn a Bayberry candle until it's out.

Keep up the knitting!!

~Suz~

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great progress on everything. Sorry your shoulder is giving you pain. Can I have some of your energy?

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Your solstice celebration sounds wonderful. Enjoy the hot chocolate and gingersnaps ... and yay for sock progress. They're looking SO good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home