Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm Free! Well sort of.... LOL

Hi all! How much do you like snow? What a way to end the semester eh? We got about 7 inches or so but it was "warm" enough that the salt was working well on the roads and the driving was pretty good all things considered. I blew off my last class tonight and came home around 4 pm because I thought the roads would still be terrible like they were this morning on the way there. Ha, it wasn't! I came home and went for a walk with the kids and took a whole lot of photos of the snow. It is so beautiful that it almost hurts.
It makes the whole world look like it is made from sugar. Very fun as long as you can stay home. *grin* Well on to the knitting; the sock that I was working on just ended up way to skinny and my MIL would have a hard time wearing it so I just made it a bit shorter and now Miranda has one sock. But I've started a new pair with a different yarn and will do them both at once. I'll do one band of color on one then do the same band on the other one. Hopefully I can get them done by Christmas but who knows. The colors are similar to the first ones except the bright yellow is now a butterscotch color.
So how is everyone elses holiday knitting going? Some of you are just cooking along I see. I wish I had more time but it's ok. I did get a present today in the mail from my DH but he won't let me have them yet. Just because I figured it out is why I know what they are LOL. I'll have to post a link to them later after Christmas, I want to use them first to give my thumbs up or down. (They're DPN's by the way.)
Have a safe and happy one!

3 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, You do enough knitting for the both of us. ;-)

Enjoy the snow!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oooh, pretty snow!!!

We got just a bit of snow today and then sleet and frezing rain and now just lots of rain.

We're supposed to do our Christmas Shopping tomorrow so i'm hoping the temp stays up so the roads don't freeze!!

~Suz~

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Kali said...

Ohh fun socks! Isn't the snow fabulous *insert sarcasm* We have alot of wet/frozen mess on this side of the state, oh joy. It does look fabulous though outside, I just wish it could look this way and be a bit warmer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home