Saturday, September 10, 2005

Left Over Socks (...well, socks from left over yarn)

Well here they are. Done. I had to use more black than I wanted on the toe of the one because I had more black and I wanted to make sure that I had enough green for at least the heel on the other. I obviously had enough to do the toe also. She didn't want to put them on for a photo because she said they made her feet hot. Even though I told her she could take them off right after. I'm now working on a pair of really big ones with Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Blue Brown Pattern #205. They seem really big right now but I think I'm just used to working on small socks.

This pair I just started will be for my hubby or his father for Christmas. We'll see just how large they turn out. Both have seriously wide feet (like EEEE or something) but my hubby has shorter feet than his dad, but still just as wide. I think they look like hobbit feet because his hair is dark and really stands out on his feet, though it's no where near as hairy as a hobbits LOL.

Talking about socks all the time and along with them, feet, I am starting to feel like I have a foot fetish or something. I guess the next time I have a photo to post it will be of that baby sweater since I'm trying to save the socks for in between class knitting. Maybe, if the knitting goddesses are smiling upon me and mine I will get it done this weekend. Now that would be totally groovey and far out man, ...yeaaaaahhh baby.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Yay for more socks! They look very cool and I don't think there's too much black on one.

Good luck with larger pairs and with finishing the sweater. MAy the knitting goddesses positively beam down on you!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Heehheehee!! i love those socks...they are very clever!!

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home