Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Just a quick update (quick, lol yeah right).

Work Update: I didn't do that much at work but fill out paper work, get a tour and watch a few videos. I'm not sure they're paying me enough.... It should be an ok job and at least we get paid weekly and I can have direct deposit. But as far as a discount? ROFL can you believe not? Only once in a while do they give discounts on some things. pffst! (I so hope they prove me wrong on the discount thing.) (Update: I get a 10% discount all the time, what they give you periodically is a greater percentage off of certain things. 10% isn't much but it' s better than a poke in the eye I say. LOL)

School Update: My geology class is going to ROCK (pun intended) and I'm so looking forward to the 3 day trip to the U.P. at the end of September. Tonight is Education of the Exceptional Child which will be interesting.

In Knitting: We know I joined the Sockapal2za right? We know I got my socks done for my pal a long time ago right? We know I am a bit worried if she'll like them right? Well you know what? I went over to check the Tuesday update at Alison's Blue Blog and I was looking at all the socks everyone made and almost EVERYONE is worried about what they are sending to someone else. Well my Sockpal who is making socks for me, I loved every sock that I saw so PLEASE don't worry about my liking them because I will. That's a promise.

(Something I noticed I do, I put all my personal stuff first then the knitting stuff. I was wondering if that's because I feel some need to have my "dirty laundry" aired, but that's not it. I think I leave the "best for last". lol That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Have a great day.)

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

LOL!! I hadn't noticed that you write about your knitting items lastly...interesting. Indeed saving the best for last!!

That trip to the UP sounds glorious, Deb will be green with envy!!

Ok, i've never heard of any type of a retail store NOT giving their employees some kind of a discount...what a crock!! You should have gone to Target...40% off when i worked there!! JC Penny too...on anything you could wear to work in and 20% on anything else. Sheesh!!

Well, we can hope that since you'll be working there you'll be among the first to zone in on really good sale items!!

~Suz~

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

A trip to the UP sounds like fun, even with the grey and gloomy weather we've got here in Detroit today.

And yeah, like Suz said, hopefully they'll at least give you first pickings from sale items and new stuff.

Isn't it amazing how insecure we all get about our knitting. I'm worrying that my package for my SP won't be what she likes too... and I'm sure it'll be just fine, coz I know I'll like whatever my SP sends me.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Thanks for the protective feelings about the discount! I found out I get 10% all the time. That's ok, not great, but better then nothing. ((hugs))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home