Thursday, August 25, 2005

Quick Albert Update.

The new vet we visited today at The Country Cat Hospital told me she talked to two different orthopedic vet surgeons who both said that with Albert being so young that he has a great chance of healing without surgery. So we are bandaging him up nice and tight and he will be living in a large dog cage for the next 6-8 weeks. We can take him out and play with him but no jumping at all. So my poor unhappy, newly bandaged (in bright red this time) kitty is laying in the cage all droopy and down. Or maybe it's the pain meds LOL. We'll let him grow and his leg may not be totally straight or quite as long as the other three but he should live without pain and not be hindered by it at all. And if we are wrong and it's painful or some other problem then we can still amputate it and he'd still be a cute little kitty. So that's the update. My in laws will take him back every Thursday from now on because I have three classes on Thursday and someone needs to be home when the boys get off the bus. So they will take him in and then come back to meet the boys until my DH gets home. So all is getting better in my world. Now lets just get training over with next week at work so I can start pulling in a paycheck. (!!!$$$!!!) Oh and I've got two rows to do to finish up Max's hat, then I'll sew it up and take a photo of him wearing it. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. *grin*

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

YAY!! Happy Albert news...i'm so glad!!

~Suz~

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Yay for the Albert report! It's amazing how resilient cats are - my friend's cat had its tail amputated (it was either that, or the cat died from some bacterial infection), and the very same day was leaping up onto things, walking along edges and brought in a mouse that evening.

Can't wait to see the finished hat either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home