Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Just some late night musings.

I was thinking about a knitter's need to start something new. To start something new, even when there are so many things on needles, is thrilling isn't it? It's fresh and new and entertaining. You're fingers aren't used to that yarn, that pattern, and your eyes, the color. Maybe it's a bit like starting a new relationship, though I've not started a new one in 20 years so someone else may be able to say. I've been working on hats lately as you can see below and I'm halfway done with a hot pink hat for myself. It's some Lion Brand yarn I got on markdown, and I can't for the life of me remember the name. How weird. But it's one of their many mohair type yarns, it'll come to me in a bit.

Now tell me, why am I starting a third hat when I have two shawls that I've been working on for a long time and my son's sweater yet to do? I have Meg's TSP gift to finish by the end of September which is priority #1 at this time, but here I am doing a boring garter stitch hat! WTF? Maybe I needed a "new relationship", a quicky, one weekend fling... which happened now three times this weekend. hummm....

I also started another sock with leftovers. Not sure which kid will get them at this time. Socks go with me places, shawls don't. Neither do sweaters. Hats either for that matter. I also need to find a baby item that will go for any baby gender for early December. Maybe a nice tan/taupe colored cardigan in a sweet yarn.

I had an interview at Meijers Sunday and they're doing a background check. I may get a job this week and they pay jack shit but I'm DESPERATE! I also have an interview for Monday at Target if I don't hear from Meijers. Yeah, yeah, Target is WAY cool but I do more shopping at Meijers and I can take care of groceries after my shifts. Besides, I'm not sure Target pays much more than jack shit, maybe jack poop. Either way it still stinks. I also sent in a resume to an environmental group that is looking for field techs to do water/soil samples among other things. If I get a call for an interview I'm going to throw up! Want to talk about a job that has the potential to change my life? I'd continue in college, but the teaching aspect would be dropped and I'd just major in geology. Oh, a job like that would just well, make me giddier (is that even a word) than I normally am.

I expect I will be doing a ton of knitting the next couple of weeks because, 1)I'm nervous as hell about money, 2) I'm doing interviews, 3) my DH is having a slew of tests done because last week he was in the hospital for a night w/ stroke like symptoms and 4) SCHOOL STARTS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!! Well, that about does it for late night babbels. Have a groovey and shagadelic night, I'm going to go snuggle my DH and thank any higher power that's listening that he's still here with me!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knit when i'm stressed too... and i also love to start new projects. maybe it's because we can do something completely new (and exciting) without very much commitment. 'cause, you know, if we don't like it, we can just rip it out and do something else with it.

i'm thinking of you and your hubby during his tests... keep us updated!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Love this post!

Yes, hug that man tight! We who have someone who loves us and someone to love have the most precious gift of all! Hell, i'd give him a hug too and i don't even know him. But do let him know that he's in our thoughts as are you all.

I can totally relate to casting on new projects but i'm trying so hard not to. I'm notorious in life for starting things and not finishing...so i'm trying to change that! Of course as soon as the kitting part was done on Syd's poncho i cast on for Julia's, but i felt justified in that since Syd's poncho went to finishing stages. Heehee!!

I do find it very curious though that i'll be in the middle of knitting and then get an itech to come to the computer to read blogs and find myself oohing and ahhing over someoone else's projects and then i'm lost in a tangent of pattern searches and hypothetical project planning...it's crazy!

Knit on, Sister!

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home