Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Three times the charm???

Third time trying to get this posted. So you are going to get the quick version. I want to design a sweater that's flattering for me. I like these two patterns, Fern Lace and Vine Lace from The Knitters Bible, a very cool book. I'm round, over weight, apple shaped, look pregnant, at high risk for heart attack and stroke, does that give you enough of a visual? Whatever. I just want a pretty sweater that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing an afgan with sleeves made out of a nasty yarn. I found a thin pink suede like yarn in a pretty light pink color so it won't be too bulky, the pattern will be smaller though. I just want an opinion on which one might be more flattering on me. I love them both so how about some opinions? I'm not sure when I will get to this but it's in my head all the time. The top will be stockinette because my sisters are too big for eyelettes (they'd be windows LOL). Anyway, help? *grin*

5 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hmmm. I think either of them would be flattering as they have a vertical patterning to them rather than a horizontal one...but i prefer the first one, it's prettier.

But, are you only allowed one sweater?? Heehee!!

And LOL, to the stockinette for the "sisters"!!!!!

~Suz~

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the top one, I think its prettier!

It will look so good :)
Heather

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweater, not cartigan, right?

I like the second one as the pattern is not as left/right directional. Beech leaf pattern next to it is really pretty too.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Hmm. Tough call. I think it partly depends how you use it. The second one would work better if you do just want a short edging, as the smaller repeat means it'll work well with even just the sample shown in the book. I love the top vine lace, but think it would need a longer section of garment to work on.

Either one will be gorgeous though. I know, I'm no help at all.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to think on this.. as that sounds exactly how I am shaped!! I am always asked when I am due.. I just look at them and say When am I due for what? lol

YOu need something kind of fitting on top yet flared on bottom.. I have been looking for the right shirt myself....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home