Saturday, July 16, 2005

What are those socks doing???


The socks look like they're very interested in the new Harry Potter book. The socks, my oldest and I were # 249. Posted by Picasa We went to Border's at 8:30 and signed in and waited for the fun to start. The kids made bags to hold their goodies in and then we proceeded to make wizard hats and collect a bunch of bookmarks and gather some other goodies. Some of the stuff is just beautiful and I'm confiscating some to color myself! Yes I am! We took daddy and the youngest home because they couldn't wait and daddy has to work in about five hours, then my oldest, the anklets and I went back up there at 10:30. We stood in a really long line to get another round of iced teas (garrett was quite buzzed by the time we got in line which wasn't such a bad thing being so late and all) and plopped down on the ground to wait.

They picked 10 numbers out of the "hat" and those lucky winners got to be the first 10 in line. We were not one of those people so we sat on the ground, I knit and we shared some Bertie Botts every flavor beans and I have got to tell you that I almost got sick! HOLY Sh*t, I do NOT like the rotten egg one nor the sardine one. Yes, ok, I know, we bought them and we knew what to expect, but the icky flavors far out numbered the "normal/good" flavors that it was overwhelming. So the second sock continued to grow and Garrett read a book and then our group of 50 were called. We got in line and waited about 15 minutes and I knit the whole time with an iced tea under my arm. Only one person asked me what I was making and thought the anklets were adorable. LOL

So that was our exciting adventure. If anyone had said anything about my knitting I was all prepared with a witty remark; this is transfiguration class and I'm slowly transfiguring a sheep into a sock. LOL I crack myself up sometimes. Don't expect much from me this weekend, I'm going to have my nose to the book and not the yarn! Have a good one!

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, those socks DO look rather engrossed with the snazzy cover art on the book. you'd better at least hold them in your lap so they can read along while you do, lol!

and, you just illustrated why i have never desired a bag of bertie bott's every flavor beans - fear of eating something vomit flavored. ACK!!

i have to get my copy of the book today at some point, whee!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Oh sure, expect me to post shortly after returning from a 4 day campout but you'll be off reading?? PUH!!

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home