Thursday, July 07, 2005

Did you know there are other crafts?

I wanted to add my prayers and thoughts to our friends in London. Horrible, just horrible.

(Hint: (warning?) Read this really fast and with a lot of excitement and you may get an understanding of what it's like to be in my head, then again, maybe no, it's kind of scary really.)

I went down to Toledo tonight and did a whole lot of rubberstamping with two of my best online friends.... well, they're not really online friends since I see them in person once a year or so... but I'm sure you get my drift right? That's how we met. We did lots of backgrounds and now I'm really in good shape for a card swap I'm hosting and a WHOLE lot of other cards too. It was such fun.

I also may start teaching knitting classes sometime in the next few months too. Isn't that going to be fun? ROFL and it will probably be socks too! Seems to be a theme in my life right now, thankfully they're clean socks and not my DH's socks, which could knock out a rock! (I've actually gone as far as to spray his feet with Lysol.) Ok, ok, I know it's mean, his feet stink because he wears work boots all day in a super hot machine shop and if it weren't for his job we'd be homeless, which is why I put up with him, I mean them. And don't go getting all in my face, we started dating when I was 15, it'll be 20 years this October and I love the stinky footed punk I married. And no, we never broke up though I did try twice and I don't want to hear any gagging, it's not all peaches in cream and I will never marry again if something happened to that man because it's just too damn much work. And how in the world did I get on this topic when I started out with my other obsession??? I probably scared you all (yes the whole four of you that read my blog) away.

Well, I didn't get any knitting done (I heard that collective gasp, shush! lol) so hopefully tomorrow night I will have something to report that's related to knitting. You know, I have done a couple of mitered squares but seriously, do you really want to hear me talk about each and every one when they all look the same and there is 7 to 10 squares of the same color? I didn't think so, so I'll spare you. The babble is done now, it's safe to leave.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Kirsti said...

Other crafts? Surely not. And yay for you and your husband for sticking together. Absolutely right, marriage and relationships are hard work. But hopefully after 20 years you have more good memories to balance out the hard parts.

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! :-)

i love your diatribe about your hubby. starting over with another one IS a royally huge pain in the butt, but i think (i hope!) i picked a good one this time.

and as for other crafts - i have cross-stitching to work on that hasn't been touched in several years, and i just recently discovered scrapbooking about a month ago when we did a book for my grandparents' 50th anniversary.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

ROFL! on your shift into the hubby topic and then back to crafts/knitting. It made me giggle!!

We'd you get the mitered square pattern? I've seen them on a few other blogs and they look interesting enough to try??

~Suz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home