Friday, July 08, 2005

Shoalwater Shawl got TWO repeats longer today.


I was so frustrated with the house today that I decided to clean first. Did that, started laundry then sat down to do the shawl right before the storm hit. The storm knocked out the electricity for a few minutes before it even got here, then once here dropped rain that left 3 inch splaters. It looked like someone was standing on my roof with a hose. THEN, THEN I tell you, we had 1 inch hail. I've seen hail before mind you, but never that large. My kids wanted to go out and get some. I stared at them a few seconds absolutely amazed that these marbles were falling from the sky and they actually wanted to go out in it. So biting back a response I'd have given anyone over the age of 12, I told them that the hail would hurt and probably leave bruises and that going out in it was not smart and it was very dangerous. So I only got one repeat done (four rows) and I was still working on it when my 30 minute late DH showed up.

It was kind of funny, I have to count out loud while I do the actual row that makes the pattern, the other three are just locking rows, and he started to talk to me, stopped, said "oh yeah" and walked away. I then talked to him when I was in the middle of the row and then told him to stop because I had to finish the row so I could go to Plymouths Art in the Park. I went there to stock up on my favorite soaps in the whole entire world, WoodSpriteSoaps . She has some wonderful all natural, almost totally organic soaps that work in my well water. My kids love it because if they roll it around in their hands enough the glycerine comes out and it's like playing with slime. And if that gets them to wash their hands/bodies then I'm all for it! So that's what I did today. Tomorrow will be more of the Shoalwater Shawl which is starting to take a lot of time per row because we're getting into the middle of it. I wonder how long it will take me to finish the last row? Now that's kind of scary eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home