Sunday, September 25, 2005

Rember this Shawl? (remEMber how to spell?)

Sorry Kids, seems I need to use the word varification again. I posted this post two minutes ago and already have two spammers. Thanks for understanding.
This is the Charlotte's Easy Shawl by Lily Chin for Fiber Trends. This is also an old photo and it's a bit longer now. Well, today, I got two whole rows on it! Yeah, I know, TWO, that's it. Argh, it has a 4 row repeat and I try to NEVER leave anything in a middle of a repeat for fear I'll forget where I stopped. I'm pretty sure I won't, but well, I've been having these moments lately... Tomorrow, oh dear, oh dear, there just will be no knitting at all. I have to get the boys off to school, then set up split pea soup in the crock pot, then I have to shower and stuff and read chapter summaries because I have a test that I have to go to the college testing center for. After that I have to go to my counseling session and then home to pack everything up for my trip and eat and go to work. No knitting. None. Nada. Zilch. I sure hope I get a chance to work on my sock while I'm gone.

Now, about yesterday. Well... the MESTA conference was awesome! I had just the best time and bought all kinds of really cheap little rocks. I got a nice little clump of quartz crystals that will sit up and I put them up in my lighted cabinet next to the tv. I did buy a few more things that were a bit more expensive: a spinosaurus tooth and an ammonoid w/ orginal shell for my oldest for christmas. The third thing I bought was a small slab of floridite that has purple and green bands running through it. It now lives next to the quartz crystals on the same shelf. I didn't win any of the really big things in the raffle but then I only paid a dollar for 5 tickets. There were people there who bought probably 50 dollars worth. Over kill I think. LOL. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself, it was a good way to spend the day. So since I may not be able to post before my trip I will have a nice long post for you on Friday with hopefully many many photos of rocks and such. *grin* Have a great week!

5 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
For your personal safety and security, your family and love ones, we provide a large range of personal safety and security technology for self defense against the daily threats of violence and crimes. We are your best source for personal defense stun guns, stun pens, stun batons, pepper spray and a complete line of personal security devices and equipment

I have a raptor stun gun site. It pretty much covers raptor stun gun related stuff.

Check it out :-)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Doggon spammers!!!

Your new treasures sound really neat, Deb would love them!!

~Suz~

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kat said...

LOL Holly!

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Holly, that is just tooo funny. It's EXACTLY what Karl said they looked like. It doesn't look like that now unless you're a giant or want to wear it tarzan style LOL.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog can be a good thing. You can always look here to see that you left off in the middle of a repeat. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home