Monday, September 11, 2006

Do you remember where you were five years ago today? I do. With vivid details too. Sad to think that my mom has two or three of those moments in her life and I may also by the time I'm almost 70. I was 5 weeks pregnant with my daughter and going to my first OB appointment that morning. I remember hearing about the Pentagon on my way there. My heart still weeps for all those personally touched by that attrocity and at the same time is filled with such a powerful anger and hate. *sigh* Sad time, sad day, sad memory. Peace.

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Kali said...

I remember it vividly as well, I was at work with no tv or radio and a co-worker came out and told me about it. I actually laughed thinking small plane against these towers that withstood a bomb blast. How wrong I was when we got a TV signal to see what was really happening. I had a friend who worked at 1 WFC across the street who was thankfully late for work that morning and watched it unfold from the ferry across the Hudson.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I was in bed with a debilatating migraine, and the only ever happened one other time. The morning of the Oklahoma City bombing.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

I will never forget.

I was at my brother's in Indiana helping his then, 8 year old daughter, get ready for school. I sent her off and then regretted not keeping her home.

I let the twins play all day in their room while i sat glued to the TVin te livingroom just off of their bedroom. I watched in horror and cried. I've always hoped that the glimpses they got of the TV and of me crying didn't do too much damage to them.

~Suz~

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Vandy land never cancels school if the super can get there so can everyone else. I remember watching all this unfold and listening to who and how and why it was done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home