Monday, September 11, 2006

Do you remember where you were five years ago today? I do. With vivid details too. Sad to think that my mom has two or three of those moments in her life and I may also by the time I'm almost 70. I was 5 weeks pregnant with my daughter and going to my first OB appointment that morning. I remember hearing about the Pentagon on my way there. My heart still weeps for all those personally touched by that attrocity and at the same time is filled with such a powerful anger and hate. *sigh* Sad time, sad day, sad memory. Peace.

5 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Kali said...

I remember it vividly as well, I was at work with no tv or radio and a co-worker came out and told me about it. I actually laughed thinking small plane against these towers that withstood a bomb blast. How wrong I was when we got a TV signal to see what was really happening. I had a friend who worked at 1 WFC across the street who was thankfully late for work that morning and watched it unfold from the ferry across the Hudson.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Gracie said...

I was getting ready to go to class, which unfortunately was not cancelled. We always kidded about how Vandy would never cancel school, and of course they didn't! We just all skipped instead.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I was in bed with a debilatating migraine, and the only ever happened one other time. The morning of the Oklahoma City bombing.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger GaiaGal said...

I will never forget.

I was at my brother's in Indiana helping his then, 8 year old daughter, get ready for school. I sent her off and then regretted not keeping her home.

I let the twins play all day in their room while i sat glued to the TVin te livingroom just off of their bedroom. I watched in horror and cried. I've always hoped that the glimpses they got of the TV and of me crying didn't do too much damage to them.

~Suz~

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Teyla said...

Vandy land never cancels school if the super can get there so can everyone else. I remember watching all this unfold and listening to who and how and why it was done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home