Tuesday, October 25, 2005

No knitting AGAIN, but a knitting question.

How DO you block something? I want details, I need to know every single step you do. I'm getting so sick of blocking something and having it still curl on the edges so I'm starting to think that I'm doing something wrong. Help?

Hey, I also wanted to toot my own horn here. It seems that by starting the psycho drugs and uping my protein and reducing my carbs that I've lost approximately 20 pounds in six weeks? How cool is that? Of course that leaves 90 more to go if I were to go to where I'm "suposed" to, but I'm not going there. Another 42 pounds would be just fine. I'd be fluffy but not fat and where I was when I graduated high school. I'm all for that. Anyway, toot toot! LOL

4 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Search Harlot's website...either she had extensive intructions or a link to them because i needed to know how too!!

~Suz~

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a neato steamer, which is basically a steam iron. i put pieces on my ironing board and steam them until they are damp through, then arrange them into the correct measurements and wait for them to dry.

when it's been a fabric that wants to curl, i've used pins to make sure the pieces dried smooth and flat. so far everything has turned out the way i wanted it to... good luck!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are a few things that may help.

~Lots of rustproof pins
~Place the kids and cats won't get to
~Stable surface you can pin on
~Time and a fan (if you need to speed things up)

I took a quick peek at Harlot's blog and found this...
Harlot's blocking
I don't know if there is more on her blog.

Other links that might be helpful I found on GOOGLE are:
Windy City Knitting Guild
Little Turtle Knits
Blocking for Blockheads
The last link has more links toward the bottom that may have more tips.
Hope this helps.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Kirsti said...

There's also this Knitty article which helped me:
To Block or Not To Block.

For Oscar's sweater, I spritzed it with water until it was not-quite dripping, then pinned it out on a towel, using blocking pins, and waited for the front to dry .. then flipped it over and did the same with the back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home