Monday, June 20, 2005


A different shot. Posted by Hello

Sleeves! Two of them! Actually I'm almost to the armpit and cap shapping but I thought I'd post a photo or two of how much I got done yesterday at MIL's for Father's Day dinner. I'm really tired of large projects so I'm desperate to get this sweater done. I hope it will be tonight. After that I'm going to work on socks and mitered squares. Of course the mitered squares will end up being a large project but a major stash buster.

I sliced my middle finger of my right hand Saturday. Probably could have used stitches but butterfly closures seem to be doing the trick. Hence why I haven't posted all weekend. Today is the first day it doesn't hurt to touch the tip of it, but the bandaid is making it hard to hit the correct keys! I cut it from the nail to the first joint on the pad. You know it's bad when you don't feel it right away and the funniest thing about it now is that I almost fainted! ME! I never was a fainter before but I had to actually lay down for 30 mintues. I'm just thankful I did it after my DH got home from work so he could bandage me up.

We then went to a park with our dear friends Meg and Russ and they're adorable kids. After a few hours we decided that everyone was rather hungry so we went to their house and had a BBQ. It was probably the most pleasant day I've had in a long time, or so it feels. Alas, the sleeves went with me but I only got one row done, BUT, Meg had some of her mom's knitting books there and I got to at least look at knitting. I have a project all planned for Meg but, like Kirsti says, it's a top secret project. (Hope you don't mind me using that term Kirsti, it's so useful!) It will be unvield in early October since it's Meg's birthday present. It's going to be hard for me to not talk about it because it's the most perfect thing for her and I'm excited. But I can't take the chance that she's going to be nice enough to visit my bald sheep and read about it.

So after a wonderful productive Father's day I'm rested and working on my Mt. Washmore and my sleeves. Long live knitting and death to laundry!

1 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katherine, your patience is putting me to shame! And did you know we're practically neighbors? I'm in Lansing. Thanks for your comment. For sure I'll stop whining now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home