Sunday, August 20, 2006

Surprise!

Sorry my fine peeps, but have to surprise you again with a color change. I just could not get the side bar to cooperate with the webring links. I LOVED the green, but the template sucked, *sigh*. I worked 8 busy hours today so I'm just pooped and have NO energy to post a photo of the new baby item I'm working on. I have the back done and can't WAIT to share it because it really shows that my knitting has progressed to a higher level again. Isn't it cool how challenging things can make you grow? Isn't it even better yet when you recognize it?

I did gift the baby bolero today at the baby shower. I even whipped up the hat for it last night! It went over well, not as well as I'd have liked but she's just so young. Someday she'll look back at it and appreciate it I hope. Now this new one will be appreciated very much, the mother is older and has more traditional values. Meg's TSP #2 pink baby bobble monster really stretched my abilities and it's thanks to that item and her TSP #1 DNA scarf that allows me knit this new baby sweater with hardly any worry at all. Meg, thank you for being the happy recipient of these items that have made me grow.

Tomorrow I hope to post a photo of it. Good night all. *zzzzzzzzzz.....

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your message, Katherine, you're so kind. I really appreciate that!
I agree - that expanding of the abilities definitely is one of the great things that makes knitting so satisfying & exciting!
Maybe the young mom-to-be was just overcome & didn't know what to say, eh? A hand-knit item is an uncommon & wonderful gift! Maybe she needs to learn how to knit, eh? :->

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hmmm. Interesting. Now ALL of your sidebar items show up at the very bottom for me. Hrmph!!!

~Suz~

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Gee this seems oddly familiar. LOL

Sorry I didn't have a chance to help you out with your site issues, I've been a tad flustered the past few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home