Friday, January 13, 2006

Wow, it's been almost a week!

Like, that hardly ever happens doesn't it? Ok, that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway so shush! The first week of school has been rather interesting to say the least. Lets see, M-W-F I have Conceptual Physics with a nice lady from India. It's hard for us to understand her and hard for her to understand us so already I'm feeling a "bit" uneasy about this whole experience, though I find I do tend to like what we're talking about. My Statistics teacher is halarious! OMG, he looks like my dad and his dad mixed together and my dad was a math teacher as well. It's almost spooky and I find myself feeling like I'm staring at the person my dad should have been. So anyway, so far so good with that class. Then my third class is Human Development and the teacher is also a riot! She's got this laugh that is unbelievable and loud and strong and well, I love that she can laugh like that, ya know? In the mean time I have done some knitting.

I got a third 4-row repeat done on the "cobweb" and have made progress on two second socks. I'd show you photos but seriously, you won't be able to tell that I made another repeat on the shawl and socks? Please, if you've never seen a partial sock photo before you need to hit the archives. So knitting is still going on but for how long? Great mother of pearl I have no idea.

Oh, now the bestest thing to happen this week besides the most awesome sale going on at work (50% off of 50% off) and the fact that I was able to borrow a TI-83 calculator from the college for the semester? I am now an official employee of Washtenaw Community College. I'm taking notes for someone in one of my classes that needs accommodations and I'm getting $2.40 MORE an hour than I get at Meijers. Hello? Pay me to share the notes I'm already taking for myself? HELL YEAH! So I'm really excited about that. Not only do I get to earn some extra money and get a nice sentence on my resume, I'm helping someone who needs help and that in and of itself is what makes it worth it. Getting paid for going to school just elevates the whole idea right up there with sliced bread!

That's how my week has gone. Now it's time to settle into a study, work, clean the friggin' house routine that keeps us clean, clothed, fed and relatively healthy with good grades for all. LOL

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hey, cool beans about that "note taking" gig!! I'm so glad something good is coming your way!!

~Suz~

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I was wondering what happen to you. Good to hear classes are going good. Kudos on the whole they will pay you to take notes!!! Thanks for the mom mode on my blog. I need it!! Now if I can turn my Biggest loser into the weight itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home