Saturday, September 23, 2006

Sick.

Does that explain my absence? That and homework and reading and basically just feeling like I'm ready to drown. I now have a cough, not the kind that makes you pee your pants because your hacking so much, but a cough none the less. I've been finding it hard to get up in the morning and Thursday and Friday I had to drive my oldest to school because I couldn't get out of bed until 15 minutes after the bus came and went.

School seems to be settling in on everyone though. #1 is finding he likes middle school much more than elementary because he's not stuck in the same room with the same jerks all day. I'd like to see some friendships but hey, I'll take a little cheer where I can with that kid LOL. #2 has a teacher he really likes and I'm seeing a lot of 90% + coming home on papers with an occasional 65%. Damn kid is such a contrast in everything but that's what makes him so neat. #3 has the same teachers and #2 did last year but seems to be doing MUCH better with a dual taught classroom. He's such a character. #4, she's TOTALLY loving preschool! Oh joy! Oh happy happy joy joy! No tears, no clinging, sometimes barely a goodbye! I'm really am overjoyed with that because I'm just such a mushy hearted person that when my kids cry I cry and well, I have to leave her quickly because I need to get to school. So that's what's been going on.

My mom also has an interview with a co-op as soon as she gets her paperwork from Social Security and she may be moving out soon. Bittersweet that. I'd like to have my "privacy" back, but I also like having her here. She's been such a big help in many many ways. *sigh*

Knitting... that's what you REALLY wanted to hear about right? Well, I've started my Summer Sock Party sock and had planned not to make it match, but not only does it not match but it's going to be reversed in color sequence also. How cool is that?!? I love it! I've also started making a tube for, ok please, I know this is crazy and all, but I have all this sock yarn left over and well.... my calculator is going to have a pouch to live in. There, I've admitted it out in public. Does that fall in the catagory of pocket protectors??? I've also done a few rows on my DH's sock. So nothing exciting to show you yet, sorry. Keep knitting!

4 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping y'all are over your colds soon!
I really don't think a knitted calculator sock counts as a pocket protector. No, that's decidedly cool - a calculator cozy.
My Dad (a former teacher) used to use a pocket protector all the time - so in my books, as long as you don't have tape on the bridge of your glasses, you're cool :o)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I wonder what had happen to you....I am glad school for the kids is going great.....

Sucks that you have this icky cold....Feel better soon

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

oooh, so happy to see a post. Sorry you're so sicky-poo. Cuddle up to some sock yarn, you should be fine soon!! LOL!!

Great news about all of the kidlets so far. It's cool when kids love school...i didn't mean for that to rhyme, really, i didn't.

~Suz~

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Ben is like Miranda - hardly looks back at Russ when they open the door some days and doesn't want to leave when its over! And, you are going to have to *coolest* calculator at school. Can't wait to see that and the rainbow socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home